Friday, June 26, 2009

life in the world of breech

Having a baby that is breech is definitely different. Mostly the movements feel more evident in my pelvic region because of course us pregos feel the arm and leg movement more than the head movements. Finding out he was breech explained a lot before I thought we were going to have a head banging rock star on our hands. Also this explains why I feel so uncomfortable. Apperaantly women carrying their babies breech have shorter breath and a harder time bending over. I just thought I was having a harder time tolerating this pregnancy sooner than with Karissa. There are a couple of non-evasive things I can do to encourage turning. One includes John and Karissa talking to him at my pelvic region with hopes that Caleb will follow the sound. I can also play music. Another is swimming because the boyancy is supposed to make it easier for him to turn. Thankfully I have free access to a pool due to a very gracious friend. Karissa has taken her "job" seriously to turn Caleb. Of course, she finds the swimming no inconvenience at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment