Thursday, April 9, 2009
I don't like your doctor
Tuesday, I finally had my first pregnancy visit with the OB/GYN I usually see. The past two appointments I have had were with whoever was available due to the semi-emergency nature of them. There are five doctors and three nurse practitioners at the practice I go to. I had to take Karissa with me because John was super busy with work - Easter week and all. I was a little worried about bringing Karissa because I would be having an exam. Oh course, that is nothing Karissa needs to see. While we were waiting in the exam room I told Karissa that the doctor would be looking at the baby and mommy will have to lay down for her to do so. There were of course pictures in the office so I used those to show Karissa where the baby was and I told her that Dr. Collins will have to work very hard to see the baby. I told Karissa that her job was to stay out of the doctor's way and stand by mommy's head when I lay down. Karissa started off doing very well. But as time went on I could tell curiousity was getting the better of her so I had to start getting very sturn with her. Dr. Collins took the cue to finnished up and told me she found everything to be great and that there were no concerns. Then she addressed Karissa. She said to Karissa that she was very glad to meet her and wants to be great friends with her, but that she needs to remember that Mommy is the boss and do what I say. We finished up, I made an another appointment, and we went to the car. Karissa was unusally quite until we got on the road. After what must of be a lot on thinking, she states what was on her mind, "I don't like your doctor." This surprised me because Dr. Collins was very kind to her and paid her a lot of attention. Karissa usually quickly warms up to anyone who pays her the attention she thinks she is due. Of course I ask, "Why?" She says,"She said you were the boss." And I say, "She is right, I am the boss." Then Karissa says, "No, your not." And before I could repremind her she explains "Jesus is the boss!" What could I say to that, of course she was right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is so sweet. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete